Interested in Computing in Birmingham and the West Midlands? Then come along and join us at the BCS Birmingham Branch Annual General Meeting (AGM) this coming Monday, where we are looking for members to come forward to join the Branch Committee.
After the AGM itself I’ll be doing a presentation called “An Exploration of Cloud Computing” with the following synopsis:
An exploration of Cloud Computing looking at an overview of the subject of and some of the current common definitions available. Looking at the current state of the Cloud Computing market place and Cloud Vendors, what is actually being sold to people. Will also look at the different types of clouds, the differing approaches to engaging with cloud providers, the business models, impact on Business, and how Businesses can exploit the ‘Cloud’.
Answers to key Cloud Computing questions I hope to address include:
- What’s Cloud Computing?
- What’s different to what we’ve seen before?
- What’s driving Cloud Computing adoption?
- What types of Cloud are there?
- How can I engage with them and use in my Business?
- What’s the overview of the Cloud Computing marketplace now?
- How is Cloud Computing likely to change?
A number of the members of the Birmingham Committee will be standing down at the AGM so we are looking for volunteers to join the Committee to take part in planning our activities for the 2009-10 session. If you are interested in joining the Committee please contact John Chinn, Branch Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can come forward at the AGM itself.
Details for the event are:
- Date: Monday the 18th of May, 2009
- Time: AGM at 6pm for 6.30pm, Presentation at 7pm
- Location: Trophy Suite, Tally Ho Sports & Conference Centre, Pershore Road, Birmingham B5 7RN
- Cost: Free, Presentation open to all (including non-members of BCS), no registration required although we would prefer that you contact the Branch Secretary, John Chinn, at email@example.com or 0161 306 3733, so that we can advise the caterers of the correct numbers for the buffet.
Official BCS Birmingham Branch AGM and “An Exploration of Cloud Computing” page: http://birmingham.bcs.org/agm2009.htm
Very much hope that we will see you at the Branch AGM, and even better if your interested in being involved with the Committee.
Links for this article: