So whilst a number of my colleagues, friends and peers at Sun are off enjoying JavaOne, the no.1 Java event of the year, and CommunityOne West, I’m going to be in Guernsey, where I’m keynoting at the Itex / Sun Thought Leadership event “A Computing Revolution: Why Cloud Computing Changes Everything“.
During the event we’ll be looking to cover the following topics:
- What is Cloud Computing and why does it matter?
- Will it benefit my department or business and how will it impact the IT function?
- What are the applications of Cloud Computing, today and in the future?
- What will it mean for small niche jurisdictions such as Guernsey?
- What is the role of Government in facilitating the new computing environment?
I’d just like to say ‘Many Thanks’ to everyone at Itex who helped organise this event, especially Daniel Fitton, Richard Parker and Chris Eaton, and to Paul Tarantino and Greg Roberts, of Sun UK’s Internet and Web2.0 team, who originally put me forward as guest speaker.
Details for the event are:
- Date: Tuesday the 2nd of June, 2009
- Time: 8:15am to 9:00am for Breakfast, 9:00am to 10:30am for the event
- Location: Old Government House, St Peter Port, Guernsey
- Registration: To reserve a place email email@example.com or call 01481 710881
Itex have created a flyer for the event, which is available here (in PDF format). Event page is: http://www.itexoffshore.com/NewsAndEvents/Events/May+2009/Cloud_May09.htm
I really shouldn’t say be saying this, as JavaOne is big news in the IT Industry, especially at Sun, and has an incredibly exciting line up of speakers and agenda this year, but I’m looking forward to being in Guernsey more.
Frankly I’ve been to the States a fair amount with work and conferences but I’ve never been to Guernsey yet; I’m really looking forward to going and think I’ll have a great time too. Expect to see slides, write up and photos sometime next week.